Delivery in 1-2 business days (Ireland)
Delivery in 3-5 business days (Europe)
These are the oversocks worn by Mathieu van der Poel and the entire Alpecin-Deceuninck team.
Designed specifically for (and developed by) a 2x Olympic Champion and in partnership with Alpecin Deceuninck Pro Cycling Team.
The brand new "Windsock2" aero oversocks are designed absolutely from scratch and are a complete redesign of the now outdated (but much loved) original Spatz Windsocks.
Developed for when you need immunity from the wind or protection from the elements when speed is key. The new Windsock2 has a waterproof, stretchy, sleek fitting main panel with a super aerodynamic lycra leg section.
New features include:
- 2x leg grippers to ensure a non-slip grip. We have added a very sticky silicone tape to the hem, in addition to a woven-in silicone gripper. We do not know of another manufacturer who has gone to these levels to ensure a good fit on the legs.
- Striated, aero fabric is cut and tuned to follow the contours of the ankle joint and articulate beautifully without wrinkling / creasing on the pedal stroke.
- Cut tall to meet UCI length regulations.
- A very tough velcro fastener tucks neatly behind the cleat/pedal interface to allow easy wearing, tuning of fit and a very aerodynamic silhouette.
- We have added a Kevlar toe area to avoid nicks and tears to the fabric. This is another first in Aero Overshoe design.
- Silicone grippers have been placed inside the heel area to lock the booties solid against your shoes. They will not "ride up" your heels during a race situation.
- A subtle logo in mid grey keeps things classy.
We do not know of another aero / TT oversock which fits so well, stays in position so well and actually stands up to the rigours of racing as the new Windsock2.
Seams are positioned strategically right where you need them. Designed to make the most of the wind and ensure race-long comfort.
Flat stitching around the foot to lay seamlessly against your shoe. A genuinely beautiful design which is a pleasure to wear and use.
BE QUICK, WE ONLY MANUFACTURE IN SMALL BATCHES!
***NOTE - PLEASE WASH THESE WITH WASHING POWDER / DETERGENT BEFORE FIRST USE, ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE WHITE SHOES. ANY SEEPING OF COLOUR (WHILST BEING ANNOYING) IS NOT PERMANENT. WE HAVE SEEN COLOUR SEEPAGE ON MATTE WHITE SPECIALIZED SHOES. OTHER BRANDS HAVE BEEN FINE... THANKS!***